service pack 1 for xp

karl2 20:32 03 Jun 2005

can any one help i need service pack one for xp but can't seem to get it even from microsoft,as it seems to only do service pack 2..
karl

briggzy 20:37 03 Jun 2005
  Zaphod Beeblebrox 20:40 03 Jun 2005

should be in updates if it is not you may alrady have it right click my computer then properties then the general tab and it will show your system info including service packs if you havenot got it click here

Totally-braindead 21:19 03 Jun 2005

I don't know if this helps but if you install SP2 it includes all the updates for SP1 as well. I have a spare SP2 disk, if you want it click the envelope next to my name and send me your name and address and I'll post it to you.

BlueMeanie 21:33 03 Jun 2005

Hi,

I have got Service Pack 1 for XP Home/XP Pro on a CD, if you want it click the envelope next to my name and send me your name and address and I'll post it to you.

DieSse 23:37 03 Jun 2005

You're better of installing SP2 - which as staed above includes all the SP1 updates.

After that there will be some newer updates to install too.

Stuartli 00:30 04 Jun 2005

As correctly pointed out, SP2 includes all SP1 updates.

Wouldn't be much point in releasing SP2 if it didn't do so.

However, SP2 is nearly a year old and you will need to install all the latest updates - BigFix from Bigfix.com will list all that are required, but broadband would be handy...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?