Service Control manager Help!!! (Error Log)

chrisinireland 14:02 15 Feb 2004

Just on friday i got a new pc and i instaled all the usual stuff, games , broadband and other thing. problem is that every time i go to play my games online i get an error about 2 to 3 minsinto it.
When playin halo i get an exception erro
when playin Medal Of Honor the whole pc freeses and i have to switch off at the mains.

when i look at the error log in the system log i have lots of errors that says

error , service control manager.
The nVidia WDM TVAudio Crossbar service failed to start due to the following error:
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

does n e body have n e idea how i can resolve this problem or if i can unistall the Nvidia Wdm drivers whatever they are.

System Specs
3.2Ghz AMD Athalon Processor
1Gb Of DDR pci 3200 200MHZ fsb
Nvidia Nforce 2 Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce FX 5900Xt Ultra Graphics card.
480Watt powerpack

anon1 14:24 15 Feb 2004

nvidia rears its head again. Supposed to be one of the best graphics cards around but so many people have trouble with it. First you need to go to the nvidia website and download the very latest drivers for your card, you may have to remove the old drivers first and there is a utility to do this (do a google search) then you should check the specifications of you pc against the minimum required by the games. I would strongly advise that when ever you load any new software you only load one thing at a time and reboot after loading. That way if you get a problem it is easier to trace and solve. Hope that helps.

chrisinireland 14:41 15 Feb 2004

its ok I found out what was wrong, when i went up to collect my pc i stoped into pcworld and bought The Nvidia Geforce FX 5900Xt and when i got to the man who was building the pc he just took out the graphics card he had in it and put in my one, not fixing the drivers corectly, the WDM thing was on the old graphics card which had tivo but my new graphics card does not have tivo just vo. so every time i tryied to play the games the drivers from the old card were conflicting with my new card drivers, and my system matches up the the recomended specs of the games n e way. so it has the be the WDM drivers conflicting as i tget the this error in the error log under system

error , service control manager. The nVidia WDM TVAudio Crossbar service failed to start due to the following error: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

nothing is using these drivers so they are conflicting with my machine.
thanks for yourhelp mate.

ps, i dont blame Nvidia i still think there the best Grahic card and Motherboard Chip makers u can buy for high proformance, quote me wrong
if u think different.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?