serial number program

duck1 09:48 30 Mar 2004

Would anybody know of a program that gives you the serial numbers of components in your computer eg hard drive ram video card etc as i am taking my comp to the shop for a upgrade on some components just want to check the serial numbers against the new components just in case he said he replaced a part and charged me when actually he did not. better safe then sorry.Thanks guys and girls

Old Shep 09:54 30 Mar 2004

Could try this does not give you serial no's though click here

johnnyrocker 10:04 30 Mar 2004

what about system properties.

johnny.

duck1 10:14 30 Mar 2004

I think there is a program just for the serial numbers msdos i believe i have tried belarc and system propities but it does not give you the srial numbers though

JerryJay 10:30 30 Mar 2004

I do not think any program could give you serial numbers for hardware components. Software, possible. Open the case, check it out maybe is the only solution.

computernerdiamnot 10:49 30 Mar 2004

What are you upgrading on your computer??????

edstowe 13:29 30 Mar 2004

If you are so untrusting of your shop, think about going elsewhere!

€d

Peter 14:21 30 Mar 2004

How about marking the items, you intend upgrading, with a permanent marker pen. You can make your marking obvious or secret, it's up to you. Then just check the items after the "upgrade".

Peter.

pj123 14:37 30 Mar 2004

I agree with edstowe. I do repairs, installations and upgrades daily. I don't pretend to do something and charge for something I haven't done. Why are you so suspicious?

JerryJay 15:18 30 Mar 2004

DIY, save money and not worry ripe off

pj123 15:31 30 Mar 2004

JerryJay. Yes, that's another way. But I don't rip people off. They tell me what they want, I give them a cost and they agree or not. If they agree I do the job, if they don't agree that's their problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?