sending JPEG files with emails

entropycity 20:18 13 Sep 2005

Can anyone suggest why JPEG files (some quite small) are not received when sent as an attachment, also as copy > paste and even as an insertion?

I have XP Home with Windows 2000, is there some box I have not clicked somewhere which prevents these files being sent?

Thanks for any suggestions

Chegs ® 20:21 13 Sep 2005

Some ISP's refuse various attachment types(most common is .exe)To avoid this happening to me,I zip my files into a single package for emailing.

Jackcoms 20:22 13 Sep 2005

"is there some box I have not clicked somewhere which prevents these files being sent?"

Probably not.

However, the recipient/s could have the box ticked in OE which says "Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail".

Have you checked with the recipient?

Gongoozler 20:23 13 Sep 2005

I don't know of anything that stops JPEGs being sent, but Outlook Express security settings can stop them being opened.

VoG II 20:23 13 Sep 2005

Are you sure that the recipient can receive images.

In Outlook Express, Tools | Options, Security tab. Untick 'Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail'.

MAJ 20:26 13 Sep 2005

Open Outlook Express, I'm assuming that's your email client, go to Tools > Options > Send tab, click the HTML Settings button and tick the "Send pictures with messages" box. Click OK, Apply and OK to exit.

Jackcoms 20:27 13 Sep 2005

Echo! Echo!

entropycity 20:31 13 Sep 2005

Thanks for the suggestions. I think recipients use OE, I use Outlook. Does this make any difference?

Jackcoms 20:33 13 Sep 2005

No. But still check with recipients regarding their settings as above

Hamish 20:42 13 Sep 2005

Try sending them to yourself. If that works they are being block at the recipient end

entropycity 20:46 13 Sep 2005

Hamish, yes I have and they are OK.

However if I send them to a Postmaster a/c of mine the .jpg file sent ends up as a winmail.dat

Any ideas about that (and I can't open the winmail.dat file)

Thanks for all the suggestions folks: I will get in touch with recipients

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?