Send To lost with Nero?

krislas 12:22 24 Feb 2004

My old PC running ME had a CDRW using Easy CD Creator. With it I could right click any file, and via send to menu, send it to CDRW drive, whether I used a CDR disk or CDRW disk. I now have a new home built PC running XP home and a new CDRW drive which came with Nero 5. Although I can burn fine using Nero, the CDRW drive does not appear in the send to menu, which I find odd as my removable card reader/writer does when connected, and right clicking works perfectly with it. I tried to add the shortcut manually to the send to menu, but when I try to use it I get told it has been moved, and asks if I want to delete it. I also added a shortcut for the drive on the desktop , but drag and drop does not work either, and I get the same error message. Is this a problem caused by my drive, XP or Nero? Any ideas gratefully received. The drive is only a few months old so warranty would apply.

Thanks for you help

Diodorus Siculus 12:31 24 Feb 2004

You need InCD to do this; comes with some versions of Nero.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:41 24 Feb 2004

I have just noticed that i have this option and didnt know or never noticed before and no idea how it got there,what i would say is update your nero version to the latest 1 off the net this may well add the option back.

Regards.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 12:46 24 Feb 2004

This should direct download nero 5.5 latest version click here
Just update with it nope u have 5.5 not 5.0 lol

Regards.

Stuartli 13:17 24 Feb 2004

Answer to Nero query on the ahead website:

"Which Nero version do I need for windows XP?

The first version of Nero Burning Rom which supported XP was Nero 5.5.5.1 so you need to have Nero 5.5.5.1 or later.

If you already own Nero 5 or 5.5, you can update to the latest Nero 5.5 Version for free."

See this thread for more confusion demonstrated by ahead on Nero updates logic...:-)

click here

Stuartli 13:21 24 Feb 2004

The update as mentioned above is at:

click here

krislas 22:26 24 Feb 2004

Thanks for that. I will download it and find out how it goes. I'll keep you posted.

krislas 22:45 24 Feb 2004

Well, I had downloaded the version whilst surfing and just went off line to install it. When I right click, I did find the shortcut E in the send to menu, but when I tried to use it I was told that the item E that the shorcut refers to has been changed or moved and will not work.I do have InCD by the way, but this is only for rewritable disks. What I do not understand is when I create a shortcut on the desktop, I can acces the content of the drive, but cannot send anything to it. Seems that the shortcut only works one way. Is that possible? I would welcome any ideas?

Chegs ® 23:19 24 Feb 2004

click here

I lost my "Send To..." completely,see this previous thread on ways to return it.There are also many pages(via Google)that show you howto create a shortcut for the right-click menu.

Simsy 07:35 25 Feb 2004

has changed andy of this, but the InCD that was associated with Nero 5 did not support CDR, only CDRW could be formatted and used like a floppy.

Regards,

Simsy

krislas 11:36 25 Feb 2004

Thanks everyone. I maybe just need to get Easy CD creator which I know does what I want.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?