send emails via outlook express on aol

rufusdog52 09:18 20 Nov 2005

Hi I am new to these boards and not sure which one covers my problem so have posted to both.
I am trying to configure OUTLOOK EXPRESS to send and recieve email from my webiste email address. I have no problem receiving email but cant send any. I have the SMTP server set to smtp.uk.aol.com and had the port number as 25 (default) but when I tried to send email it was being returned by the AOL server's spam filter as being unsolicited spam. I went to the AOL live help and they told me to change the port setting to 587 but now it wont even send the email but gets this error -
The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was '[email protected]'. Subject ', Account: 'mail.kitmania.co.uk', Server: 'smtp.uk.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '505 MAIL FROM sender and AUTH username do not match', Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 505, Error Number: 0x800CCC78

I have been back to live help but they now say they are unable to help me unless I want to use my AOL email address. This is now good to me as I want to keep my AOL email for personal use and use the domain email address for business. I want to use OUTLOOK EXPRESS so I can add the PayPal buttons automatically for invoices.
Does anyone know what I can do to get the emails to send?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?