selecting page size in Word 2010

Yimbo 15:03 02 Nov 2018

Normally, when I've selected a new A4 blank document, up it comes, displayed under the "home" options, where I can choose font, font size, bold. italic and so on. But now the blank page that opens looks shorter and wider than A4, and the top few typing lines are hidden under the "home" options display. If I close that, the blank doc appears, but again, not in what looks like A4 size. It's as though something, somewhere has changed. What I want is to see a full size A4 blank doc, ready to type, and showing the "home" options as I do so. I'm sorry if I'm not explaining the issue clearly, but I'd appreciate any help advice.

difarn 16:35 02 Nov 2018

Open Word through the start menu (a blank document opens). Go to "Page Layout" tab => "Size" button => "More Paper Sizes...". Choose the size you want and click the "Set as Default" button at the bottom. If it asks you to change the normal template, click yes. Close Word. You don't have to save the empty document. Now restart Word again. Go to the "Page Layout" tab and check the "Size" button. Your selected size should now be applied to the document.

Yimbo 12:49 03 Nov 2018

Thank you, difarn. I followed your guidance, and all seems to be OK again. I appreciate your help.

difarn 18:03 03 Nov 2018

You're welcome. Glad it helped.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Game of Thrones' Emilia Clarke spoofs all your favourite stock photo clichés

MacBook Air 2018 review

Comment supprimer un compte Facebook ?