Seagate external hard drive

Jase Digger Bolton 18:40 15 Nov 2018

Hi all I wonder if anyone can help me I have a seagate external hard drive I was working fine until last week But now it has stopped working when I plug it In it does show in device manager and in devices and printers But there is no way I can open it Many thanks Jason

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:36 17 Nov 2018

disconnecting a drive (by pulling out the USB) can cause file system corruption if the drive is still be written to.

Because the drive is still seen in disk management you can probably recover data from it using something like Recuva

If you do not need any data from the drive then a simple format will make it usable again- just right click the drive while in disk management and select format from the menu

Jase Digger Bolton 07:11 18 Nov 2018

HI I have checked disk management it shows there With a blue line and say healthy I have downloaded the recuva thing How would I find it on there Thanks Jason

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:45 18 Nov 2018

Instructions here plus plenty on Youtube use the wizard mode and point it to your disk let it scante drive and recover files to another drive

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Moleskine launches limited edition Lord of the Rings notebook collection

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

Comment faire pivoter une vidéo ?