Scripted Diagnostics Native Host doesn't work

Rotenone 17:33 13 Mar 2018

There is no audio output on my Acer computer. The error message 'Scripted Diagnostics Native Host has stopped working' appears. Can anyone help me to fix this? Kind regards, D J Adam.

Bris 16:01 14 Mar 2018

What you appear to have here are 2 problems, both related.

I think that what is happening is that your audio has stopped working and the Windows diagnostic service that is trying to diagnose the problem is crashing.

First the audio problem. Check in device manager to see if there is a problem with the audio driver and in any case try updating it.

Diagnostic service crashing... run a virus scan, run the system file checker preferably in safe mode with elevated priveledges, manually check for Windows updates, check the reliability monitor to see if there is an error pointing to the audio drivers or anything else, consider turning off your virus software temporarily.

There is a lot of info on the web, most of it "noise" and not very useful so I have condensed it for you.

Good luck with it.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?