SCREENSAVER XP

L1LLY 14:51 28 Apr 2005

when i go to choose a screensaver in windows xp then click the drop down menu there is a screensaver there called websearch screensaver .. how do i delete this out of my screensavers as it was put on by websearch when i tried to download one of their fish tank screensavers & all they did was try to put loads of viruses on my pc .. i have dealt with all this but dont know how to get their screensaver out of my screensaver drop down list .. please help .. thank you

Earthworm 15:00 28 Apr 2005

have you tried add/ remove program in windows or search for screensaver and then delete it

TomJerry 15:01 28 Apr 2005

run two great spy remove software: spybot click here, adaware click here

search your C: to find files with .scr extension and delete bad guys

SANTOS7 15:02 28 Apr 2005

click here
this will help,good luck..

L1LLY 16:19 28 Apr 2005

there is nothing in add/remove or when i do a search .. i have also used microsoft antispyware which is what removed it for me but it is saying there is nothing there even though the screensaver is .. i like the look of the screensaver remover but i dont understand the instructions on the site, can you explain please santos 7 .. thank you

gudgulf 16:38 28 Apr 2005

Try doing a search.....go to Start and select Search.Choose to search all files and folders and type this into the search field

.scr

That's the file extension for your screensavers.You should get a list of whats there.Look through it carefully until you find the one from websearch or fishtank,right click it and you should be able to delete it.

L1LLY 10:32 29 Apr 2005

gudgulf .. thank u that worked a treat .. doin a search for screensavers alone didnt work but once i followed ur advice & put in .scr up came the culprit .. thank u again .. lilly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?