ScreenSaver Query.

Petopjasp 12:11 18 Oct 2003

I like to leave my PC on all the time and as such my screen saver is on all night is this ok?

rioboy 12:19 18 Oct 2003

Its OK but you would save on your electric if you went into Power Options and got your screen,hard drive etc to turn off after a certain period of time.

Petopjasp 12:21 18 Oct 2003

I have tried to do this but my monitor doesn't switch off after the time stated and I can only assume that the rest doesn't work either!

rioboy 12:24 18 Oct 2003

Yeah I have the same problem . It started when I installed a cordless keyboard and mouse. I'm sure there's a way round it but I haven't bothered to pursue it. I turn the PC on first thing in morning and off last thing at night!!

graham√ 12:31 18 Oct 2003

You don't say what O/S you are using, but if it's XP you will have a standby mode. There will be a key with a moon symbol.

rioboy 14:01 18 Oct 2003

Hey thanks graham√, I know the reply wasn't directly for me but the moon key works. Thanks for that!!

Legolas 14:06 18 Oct 2003

With todays monitors screensavers are mostly for show as the problem of pixels being burnt onto the screen surface does not happen so you can leave your monitor/computer on for long periods with no adverse reactions so I would imagine leaving the monitor on using a screensaver would be ok.

Legolas 14:08 18 Oct 2003

Have a look here click here

vinnyT 14:21 18 Oct 2003

Why not just turn the monitor off via its switch, I've always done this with no problems (unlike when I try to use power save options, usually won't wake up, so gave up using this useful(?) feature)

Petopjasp 15:06 18 Oct 2003

I will take a look at all you have suggested.

Petopjasp 15:08 18 Oct 2003

Where is this key?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?