Screens turns black, but computer remains on.

goggins.1 00:23 18 Dec 2016

I built my computer not long ago and have been experiencing some issues with the screen disconnecting, but the PC remains on, in addition to this, sometimes when restarting the computer, a white horizontal line will appear across the screen. The screen would shut off at random times and without warning, so after a while of trying to figure out what was up, I came to the conclusion it was the graphics card that was the problem (as when I plugged my screen into the mother board I had not issues what so ever. I did also try uninstalling and reinstalling my drivers for the graphics card, but that did not work either. I replaced my graphics card (for free) and had the same issue with the new graphics card (even after putting it in a different slot. So now I'm a bit stuck, thinking it has to be a software issue now (it can't be the mother board, otherwise I would still have issues, it's very doubtful both connectors and both graphics cards are damaged; and it's definitely not the cables or the screen). I have a Geforce GTX1060 MSI B150 PC MATE mother board I5 INTEL CORE Corsair 600W power supply ASUS gaming screen

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Pharrell's favourite new illustrator Daniel Egneus on making dreamlike fashion art

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?