screen goes yellow then back to clear

Wendy 11:36 12 Aug 2008

My screen has begun to go yellow for a short period of time, then it goes back to normal again.
I'm using a desktop computer with a 'normal' bulky type monitor. It's AOC Spectrum 7Vir. I bought it new and have had it for a few years now.

My graphics card is Nvidia GEForce4 MX440. Had that for a few years also.

The computer has a NVidia chipset.

At first I wondered if this yellow thing might be caused by a virus or some dip in power?

Has anyone else had this worry?

Simsy 11:39 12 Aug 2008

a dodgy cable connection.

I had/have exactly the same with a CRT monitor I have to use occassionally. A wiggle on the cable, at one end or the other usually rectifies things.

It's probably just one of the wires!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Simsy

Ditch999 12:58 12 Aug 2008

If the cables check out OK try the monitor with a different PC/laptop. Need to know if its the monitor or the PC.

Wendy 19:59 12 Aug 2008

I tested the cable, which seems okay.
Then I connected a laptop to the monitor. The screen did seem yellow compared with the laptop screen, but I didn'tnotice the sudden 'dip,' in the colour change as I get when using the monitor with the desktop.

DieSse 20:02 12 Aug 2008

It could be an internal fault in the monitor.

When it goes "yellow - slap the side smartly with the palm of your hand and see if corrects itself.

Faults like this are not uncommon in CRT monitors - usually time to update to an LCD screen.

It might also be the graphics card though!

Wendy 10:19 14 Aug 2008

Well I'll be blowed! I did just that - slapped the side of the monitor and yes it did correct itself!!

I think maybe I'll update to a new flat screen sometime soon.

In fact, maybe it's time to update the computer as well as it is pretty old and the new ones seem a lot more whizzy now.

Thanks everyone for the help, it is really appreciated.

Many thanks
WEndy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?