Screen distortion while high gpu usage

andrija babogredac 10:34 12 Jul 2018

Every time i play games the screen starts to shake, but not the whole screen, is more like distorted waves that bring the image left-right. The place where the waves are is placed a bit off the actual image. The waves are tiny and i cant notice them usually but when i play a game its making my eyes hurt because they are bigger. I had this issue before because of the vga cable but now it is only when i have higher gpu usage. And surprisingly its at its worst at ~70% or ~50°C. I saw this issue while running Kombustor and Afterburner. Please help, my eyes are starting to hurt.

My specs:

System Model: MS-7721 Processor: AMD A8-7600 Radeon R7, 10 Compute Cores 4C+6G (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz Memory: 8192MB RAM Available OS Memory: 7110MB RAM Page File: 3282MB used, 10936MB available System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent) DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GT 740 DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC Display Memory: 4038 MB Dedicated Memory: 1990 MB Shared Memory: 2048 MB Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (75Hz) Monitor Model: ASUS VW193D-B Native Mode: 1440 x 900(p) (59.887Hz) Output Type: HD15

MJS WARLORD 19:05 12 Jul 2018

This is commonly known as screen tearing if you have vsync off turn it on. I don't wish to offend you but by todays standards your card is quiet old , I would recommend you turn all g card setting as low as possible and then increase each setting gradually until you detect a problem , lets face it , unless you have bionic eyes you probably wont notice the effects of knocking the settings down a few notches.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Book 2: Release date, price and specs

This First Man soundtrack vinyl cover art is exquisitely composed

How to watch Apple’s October 2018 iPad launch

Meilleurs VPN (2018)