screen

123joey123 09:15 27 Oct 2008

My screen changes light intensity during use.Could it be the screen or maybe the power pack?

chub_tor 15:21 27 Oct 2008

Yes it could be the screen or the power pack and it could also be the cable or the graphics card. We need more information about your set up before we can help you.

Pineman100 17:56 04 Nov 2008

Most laptops are set up with a power plan that dims the screen when they're running on battery (to save battery power).

So if you're using your laptop with the mains power plugged in, then the problem is possibly an intermittent failure of your mains connection, that is forcing the laptop to rely on its battery from time to time.

Check that your mains power lead is firmly plugged into the computer and into the wall socket. If it has an inline transformer, make sure any plugs in this are also firmly inserted.

If you're happy that these are all firmly connected, then you might want to check the output from the transformer, to see whether this has an intermittent fault.

123joey123 09:09 05 Nov 2008

Thanks, but it's a PC.

Pineman100 09:49 05 Nov 2008

Ah - it might have been useful to know that in the first place.

In which case, as chub_tor says, try to give some more information. Have you checked all power and data connections to the monitor? Have your tried changing the monitor's brightness setting, to see whether the problem still occurs? Are there any specific circumstances which can be linked to the problem?

Post details of your graphics card.

123joey123 10:29 05 Nov 2008

Thanks Pineman100.I'll try the things you suggest.Sorry about the lack of info in first message.Sometimes my fingers work faster than my brain

Joe R 14:20 05 Nov 2008

123joey123,

click here download siw, and it will give you full information on your system.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?