1. The solution. Here are the things you need.
-dry, soft cloth
-another dry, soft cloth
2. Put the scratched CD on a table in front of you with the data side facing up. Wipe the CD clean of dust with one soft, dry cloth, making sure you wipe from the inside out, never circular.
3. Put ONE drop of vegetable oil on the other cloth and lightly dab the areas which are scratched. Make sure you don't put too much on though, use good judgement. Then wipe with the same oil cloth from the inside to the outside of the disc like you just did. Wipe the whole thing so you create a THIN layer of oil. Just use that one drop on your cloth, nothing else.
4. Wait to dry, go outside, go ride a bike, go walk, go have a picnic. Then come back to your castle and take the soft dry cloth you first used without oil to wipe the disc clean of dust again.
5. Insert game into player and play. It is as good as new. Here is what you just did.
6. At the factory, they use synthetic oil to coat and harden over the data to protect it. You basically restored that coating by putting another layer over top of it, which filled the scratches and restored its operational standard.