scanning flash drives for nasties

MJS WARLORD 14:22 23 Oct 2018

a memory jogger for somebody ! on a recent post I saw a utility mentioned that is made specifically for protecting flash drives but I cant remember what it was called , answers on a postcard please.

btw I don't leave flash drives plugged in unless I plan on using them.

Belatucadrus 16:56 24 Oct 2018
  MJS WARLORD 18:00 24 Oct 2018

thanks that was the one

bromanz 19:54 24 Oct 2018

yes I posted Mcshield - very effective but need to disable hard disk scan on startup option in settings ( obviously leave flash drive option on) otherwise HD scan will delay startup & duplicate your AV scanning.

wee eddie 20:22 24 Oct 2018

Most Available have a Setting that Scans any Drive as it is plugged in. That should be sufficient

wee eddie 20:23 24 Oct 2018

For Available. Please read - AVs

martd7 23:00 24 Oct 2018

I use Panda AV and when you connect a flash drive to the pc the program asks if you want the drive scanned

Forum Editor 11:56 25 Oct 2018

Your normal anti-virus software should scan flash drives automatically, but you may need to turn on the option in settings.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Artists FriendsWithYou reimagine Snoopy and Charlie Brown for a Peanuts London takeover

iPad Pro 12.9in (2018) review

Les meilleurs smartphones chinois disponibles en France