Scanner Software

wotan 21:22 06 Mar 2003

I have upgraded my operating system to WIN XP Home,but now find I cannot use my flatbed USB scanner. Following earlier advice from the helproom I was able to locate a new driver for my printer, but when I tried to find one for the scanner I ran into a problem, I cannot identify the make. The name on the casing is 'Tiny' but this is obviously not the manufacturers name. I have looked all over the scanner and all I can find is a series of codes on the base, these being

VoG™ 21:24 06 Mar 2003

Oh, go on give us a clue!

wotan 23:00 06 Mar 2003

Sorry V0G, I am doing this on the works computer and people keep interupting me,which is why the original message was incomplete. I have marked it resolved and sent a full version which you can give your undivided attention to now.
Regards, Wotan

Ramshackle 00:35 07 Mar 2003

Had exactly the same problem,
its probably Visioneer or Primax.
Go to click here
Hope this is of some use I found the driver for my old Tiny scanner there,best of luck
I think this is the site VoG™ suggested

wotan 20:34 07 Mar 2003

Ramshackle, thanks for the input, I will check out both makers, but I am flying blind on this, as I have no way to identify the manufacturer other than the following codes on the base.
GS
S9753296
S/No 928A 0 0 0 639DI.

I have been told there is a site on the web which is set up by the U.S. Dept. of Trade and which can identify imported products by their codes, but I have been unable to find it.
Thanks for the help anyway, I will keep plugging away until I find the info. required or buy a new scanner.
Wotan

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?