Scanner-EPSON 1260 OR CANON LiDE30 ?

AngeTheHippy 11:09 05 Mar 2003

Morning Chaps, bit of help please. I've been looking for(performance)comparisons between the above mentioned scanners-couldn't find any..so bought the Canon LiDE30 yesterday, which is *supposed* to be USB2. Well, I've installed it, and to tell you the truth, it's not only slow SLOW, but really quite noisy too. Reason I'm replacing is the Epson 640u just **was not playing the game** with XP. Didn't wanna know. Shame, because the results I got whilst using it with '98 were really pretty good - not too noisy and NOT as slow as this Canon! So, before I take this LiDE30 back and swap for the 1260, can anyone tell me their views on these two - Have you tried both? Which did you prefer? This is a LiDE30 -v- Epson 1260 exercise!

Thanks a bunch,

AngetheHippy
xx

Djohn 13:39 05 Mar 2003

AngeTheHippy, Lide30 is USB1.1, but that aside should be a fairly speedy scanner. I have the Lide50 USB2, and its fast and quiet.

I have no experience of the Epson, but have heard only good reports regarding them. Good luck with you final choice.

AngeTheHippy 14:28 05 Mar 2003

on the box of the LiDE30 it states *USB 2 - Full Speed* - I believe this to be NOT the same as USB2 - does this mean though, that if I don't have this *USB2 FullSpeed* (I don't..)then it will revert to USB1? I'm completely confused now........Doh!

AngeTheHippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?