Scan print size

Nenad 10:05 13 Feb 2011

My HP Deskjet F4180 printer/scanner is scanning A4 text documents at less than 1:1, so the scan becomes about 80% of the original. Could someone please advise a way of correcting so the default is 1:1 without adjustment (ideally)

woodchip 12:14 15 Feb 2011

For E-Mail you have to reduce the size using a different Program the attach to the Mail as an attachment. this one at your own risk click here

lotvic 14:05 15 Feb 2011

When you talk of 'reducing the image size' do you mean the

Dimension (measured in pixels)
or
Canvas Size (measured in inches or cm depending on which you have set as default)
or
the size of the file (measured in Mb or Kb)

and which program is set by default to open your .jpg's gif's .tiff's picture files attachments from your email program? It is this program that is opening them in an enlarged 'View' zoom setting.

woodchip 15:18 15 Feb 2011

First it was print size now its E-Mail size. We cannot win

lotvic 19:25 15 Feb 2011

I agree, hence my questions to try to find out what 'size' of what is the issue of the moment.

Nenad 09:53 17 Feb 2011

Thank you all for your help but I must now give it a rest.

Nenad 11:27 10 May 2011

I have had some assistance to solve this problem and in a way have partially succeeded. The verdict seems to be that the HP software for scanning on my All-in-One printer is suspect. But I have found that by using Publisher I can save and print a scan which is now slightly larger than the original and this suits me fine for the very rare need I have to use the scanner. If I should require to do much scanning I will probably get a flat bed scanner. I thank everyone for trying to help me to overcome this problem which became a paing

wee eddie 11:31 10 May 2011

I seem to remember that, when I set up my Scanner, it asked me what size I wanted as Default and gave me various Options including A4, Letter and something American.

Could such a Setting be affecting your Scanning Resolution?

woodchip 11:57 10 May 2011

Only had a look at first page, but like printers the Scan as to stop some where, so you get like a margin as with printers at bottom of scan window. Where it stops and cannot go no further

woodchip 11:58 10 May 2011

PS if you scan something smaller than the scan windows it should be the same size as what is scanned

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Microsoft's Surface Pro 7 adds faster chips, USB-C – and Adobe Fresco

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Bon Plan Fnac : -35 % sur le PC Ultra-Portable Acer Swift 7 SF714-52T