Scam/Fake Paypal Email?

TicTacToc 12:53 17 Jun 2006

I received this e-mail yesterday:

click here

There is nothing in my Paypal account about it. I haven't to my knowledge bought or done anything to do with this.

Scam?

Thanks for any advice.

wee eddie 13:01 17 Jun 2006

If not - ignore it.

spuds 13:03 17 Jun 2006

Cannot quite read the note, due to smallness of print. What I can make out is the USD monetary value. It's a scam, unless you trade and live in America perhaps.

Get that type of thing on a weekly basis, bin it.

TicTacToc 13:17 17 Jun 2006

oops, the print is rather small - I always have that problem - is there any way to make it bigger in Photobucket?

I'm not sure what my Paypal handle is, but it is addressed to my Paypal email address correctly.

I am in the UK . . but payments to the US would be in USD anyway, so how does that make it a scam necessarily. I've certainly paid for stuff in USD before.

wee eddie 13:23 17 Jun 2006

Your e-mail address is easy. Just one of many sent.

Only you and Paypal know to collate your Handle with that address. Without that correlation it has to be a Scam.

woofwoofbark 13:24 17 Jun 2006

If your worried about why not contact paypal through email or telephone ? I'm sure they'll be happy to help !!

geo g

brundle 13:27 17 Jun 2006

Submit it to paypal ; click here

octal 13:38 17 Jun 2006

Hover your mouse cursor over the link, I bet it doesn't point to PayPal ;-)

Joe R 14:48 17 Jun 2006
  GANDALF <|:-)> 17:48 17 Jun 2006

You haven't joined Astalavista recently have you? It might be worth checking your paypal account to see if this has been deducted. Astalavista is a site I visit and it is kosher.

G

TicTacToc 17:52 17 Jun 2006

No I haven't Gandalf as far as I know.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?