Saving username/password when reported as invalid

Diodorus Siculus 18:44 27 Nov 2003

Running win2k I sometimes find that if my ISP is busy it will return a message that the username / password is invalid.

Then on redial the username / password box is blank.

Any ideas how I can stop windows from removing the password / username when an "invalid" response is received?

Needless to say, I have ticked the box to say "save password".

Diodorus Siculus 21:04 27 Nov 2003

Anyone...

Diodorus Siculus 21:26 27 Nov 2003

A_World_Maker

Thanks for that suggestion. I got as far as right clicking on the connection and choosing properties. However, from that point, there is no place for properties / connection information etc.

I have also deleted the DUN and created a new one and it makes no difference.

Diodorus Siculus 07:52 28 Nov 2003

Thanks Pesala, but Mozilla already has its own form filler....

Anyway, that is not what is at issue here; what I want is some means of retaining the username in Windows 2000's network connections when an "invalid username" is returned (because clearly the username / password combination is not invalid).

recap 11:01 28 Nov 2003

I think this is a security issue. W2K takes away your username/password if it has been configured to do so in the security policy. Check your security policy and change the setting to disable last username/password.

Diodorus Siculus 11:08 28 Nov 2003

recap - thanks for that; I think I have found it there among the management options. Now I will log off and try with an ivalid username / password and see how it goes.

Diodorus Siculus 11:14 28 Nov 2003

Thanks very much recap; that has done it for me.

I have tried to log on with a wrong username and it has been saved when my ISP returned an "incorrect username" reply.

The reason I wanted this is that it means I can do unattended redials until I eventually get through at busy periods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?