saving postings

ollie < one> 22:18 10 Jul 2003

hi all
have come across a few posting that r usefull to me for future ref.i cant remember how to save other peoples postings to my post i know it can be done as ive a couple of others ive saved before
thanks in advance

jazzypop 22:22 10 Jul 2003

Just post a reply to the thread a simple . or ^ will do, if you don't actually wish to say anything.

Then the thread will be added to your list of 'My Postings', which is available from the drop-down list at the bottom right of each thread.

Alternatively, just use 'Add to Favourites' from your browser menu.

Forum Editor 23:12 10 Jul 2003

you could simply copy and paste the relevant text to a Word doc or some other text file for your own use.

barryoneoff.co.uk 00:07 11 Jul 2003

just copy the bits I want and bung 'em in notepad.

jakedawe 00:28 11 Jul 2003

Surely you can't copy and paste (even for your own personal use) or is PCA waiving Copyright???

Pesala 00:32 11 Jul 2003

You can copy and paste for your own personal use. If someone published a Tips and Tricks book, magazine, or website using the stuff from this site I'm sure PCA would take a very different view though.

Megatyte 02:25 11 Jul 2003

The copyright belongs to the author of the text.

AH

Pesala 03:21 11 Jul 2003

All material on this website is copyright © 1999-2003. PC Advisor. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of PC Advisor is prohibited.

Andybear 12:45 11 Jul 2003

The FE says they can be copied to a text file for personal use - that's good enough for me.

Megatyte 13:10 11 Jul 2003

Just read the site policy(Forum registration conditions). I didn't realise that we were passing copyright over to PCA(who ever reads the small print?).

AH

Megatyte 13:13 11 Jul 2003

Just read = I've just read, not you read.

:-)

AH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts