Saving IE Favourites

XFX 13:32 01 Dec 2003

Sometime this week i shall be getting a new Mainboard, So shall be doing a full re-install.
I have done most of my backing-up.
But I don't have a clue how to back-up my favourites in Internet Explorer and MSN Explorer.

I have got a plug in external USB Device and was hoping to back-up onto that as a temporary storage place.

Has anyone got the answer for me?

I suppose I should also ask, how do I transfer them back to my PC after the Re-Intall?

Thanks.

xania 13:37 01 Dec 2003

Different versions, and sometimes even installs, of WIndows holds this info in different ways. Run a search for 'Favorites' which will show you where you have them stored, then back this folder up in the usual way.

When it comes to re-storing, you should do the same, just to be safe.

Audeal 13:52 01 Dec 2003

You could try Genie Backup Manager from here. click here This backs up all you Favorites, e-mail and other items. Worth taking a look.

Taff36 14:24 01 Dec 2003

In IE 6 go to FILE>IMPORT EXPORT and follow the wizard. This will save your favourites (& Cookies in case you have important ones for financial sites) to a file called BOOKMARK.HTM in a location of your choice. (Use the browse button in the last step of the wizard. Copy this file on a floppy to your new computer and import it via the same wizard.

powerless 18:54 01 Dec 2003

Another pre-prepared eh vog? click here

bretsky 19:03 01 Dec 2003

Go to c/progams files/your name docs and settings,look for your name folder and click on it, you should see favourites folder-right click on the folder and send to A drive (floppy)or any removable media you have, backup done!

I'm using win xp home ed sp1......good luck..

bretsky;o)

XFX 20:14 01 Dec 2003

Thanks to all who helped.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?