Saving Documents to DVD

rafvr 14:12 01 May 2006

Can anyone tell me if I can transfer written documents from CD's to DVD's to save on storage space.

Any help or information would be welcome.

Thank you

Gringo2005 14:16 01 May 2006

It's the same concept as transfering files from your hard drive to CD-r, just use a DVD burner (assume you have one), some blank DVD's and burning software such as Nero.
If you want to transfer files from a cd to a dvd, Nero can do this aswell, either disc to disc or by storing the cd contents on the hard drive and then burning to dvd

Hope that helps

€dstowe 14:56 01 May 2006

A DVD is quite delicate and not really suitable for storage of relatively small files like you are suggesting - think of the number of 10KB Word files you could get on a 4.7GB DVD and think of the disappointment if you scratched it and lost the lot!

CDs are more robust and you can still get a huge amount of data on to one.

rafvr 15:03 01 May 2006

Thank you Gringo 2005. I had been trying to use the program that came with the DVD recorder but it didn't want to know the CD with the information stored on it. I have Nero but hadn't realised that I could burn DVD's with it however I see that there is a DVD tag at the top so having selected that I am burning a DVD at the moment. Thank you for your prompt reply and help.

rafvr 15:06 01 May 2006

Thank you €dstowe, for you advise, I will make sure that important documents are retained on CD's. I am grateful for your advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?