saveing my favourite places

ferretgirl29 23:40 28 Dec 2008

iam going to reformat my comp it is slow duel core it struggles to run 1 program and crashes when try to run 2 so i want to reformatt it but i dont want to loose my favourite places how can i keep them can i put on disk or some thing or in file then on disk then load them back on comp when reformatted any help please thanks

boon_intheuk 00:09 29 Dec 2008

Which internet browser do you use?

ferretgirl29 00:12 29 Dec 2008

aol

boon_intheuk 00:23 29 Dec 2008

On your C: drive (the one you want to format) you should find a folder called "program files" inside that you should find an "AOL" folder, somewhere in there you should be able to find a folder with the named "Favourites" or whatever your favourite places is called, copy that folder on to a removable media, disk or usb drive etc. Then, when you have reinstalled your operating system you can replace the new "Favourites" folder with your saved one Ok?.

ferretgirl29 00:39 29 Dec 2008

thanky verry much also i tryd to wipe my comp before i have a vista operating systems disk and when i first ever turned comp on i made a back up disk but i tryd to wipe comp using bot disks but they didnt seem to work when i finally got comp working again it is really slow and will not do 2 things at the same time is there a nother way i can reformatt my comp to like it was when i first ever took it out of the box thanks.

boon_intheuk 08:56 29 Dec 2008

Has it only been slow since you upgraded to Vista? Do you know how much "RAM" memory you have?

ferretgirl29 17:46 29 Dec 2008

it has always been vista 1mb ram

Sea Urchin 17:49 29 Dec 2008

I hope you mean 1GB of RAM :@)

ferretgirl29 17:50 29 Dec 2008

yes

Clapton is God 17:54 29 Dec 2008

A minimum of 2GB of RAM is recommended for Vista if you want it to run at a decent speed

ferretgirl29 17:59 29 Dec 2008

also i can find were i was tiol earilier to copy my favouretes but when i click on it it doesnt bring up my fav websites

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts