Save file to D

mymate 08:59 01 Oct 2009

I am having trouble updating my Vista laptop and have Microsoft helping me. I have just got another email to try something else
2. Save the file to "D:".

3. Click "Start" ->" Run", type: "D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce" (without quotations) and then press "Enter" to install the Windows Update engine.

Sorry but i cant figure out to save it to D. I just go to download it and cant find a option to save to D. I am using Firefox and have looked on the Tools menu but cant find anything there.

Thanks very much

DieSse 09:21 01 Oct 2009

I can't see that it matters where it is saved to. Either copy it to D: then do what they say - or just run it from where it is.

In FF go to Tools Options - select the Main tab. The download saving options are in the lower part.

sharpamat 09:30 01 Oct 2009

As microsoft as instructed .

go to start and click on run.

( If this is not displayed go to vista help and support ( also on start button ) search run, and follow the instruction to add run to the menu.It should be displayed to the right of programs )

Click on run and a box will display

enter the command D:\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce as instructed and in the exact position ( you may find copy and paste a help to ensure it is correct )

Press enter and it should be done

mymate 10:06 01 Oct 2009

Thanks guys. I found a " add on " in Firefox where it saves to the D drive. Microsoft had a plan b and i have done that and the updates are now on a loop .They install then they want installing again. Which is better than what it was before. I had problems with SP2 not installing and manged to sort that out ,then 14 more updates wanted installing and now having problems with those !Think i have to get back to Betty at Microsoft

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?