Hot Topics

Samsung T800 tablet Has died

Stoneywood 19:46 29 May 2020

I have a Samsung 10 Tab. Screen is suddenly dead. No previous clues. Logged off last night as usual. No response when connected to power cable. Desktop does not recognise tablet. I suspect battery failur or virus. (virus checker has been uninstlled) Out of guarantee - How would I check since there is no input port?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:51 30 May 2020

ANy signs of life what so ever?

Hold power off an volume up at same time for 10 seconds - does anything happen?

Stoneywood 19:15 30 May 2020

Hey FB I think you are on to something. P+V worked. Battery critically low. (0%) I guess that it was not switched off properly,last use. I am currently charging. Very grateful,as I can only use PCs. David Belbin. PS I neglected to say that the unit has been unexpectedly re-booting when using the Kindle app. Do you think that there could be a connection if the battery was faulty? DGB

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:42 30 May 2020

leave it charging overnight

place it in a bisciut tin or something smilar that is none flammable just in case.

see what it charges to and retry the app if still rebooting uninstall and reinstall the app.

new battery about £20 from amazon but getting in at them isn't easy.

Stoneywood 14:47 31 May 2020

"Getting in at them isn't easy" but You Tube will show me how? Tablet seems OK.- charged to 100% overnight seems that I was panicking unnecessarily- Looking for replacement as I need it in these restricted times. Thanks again David

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 55U1 is the best new TV you can’t buy

How to get your first design job

What's the difference between macOS and iOS/iPadOS

iPhone 12 (2020) : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs