Samsung T4 tablet - removal of Hancom software.

the.hick 16:10 09 Sep 2018

This tablet is about 30 months old, however still generally works OK. I wish to remove the Hancom apps., which I think it came with, as some no longer work, including the Word viewer. Is it OK to disable all seven of them, since there is a warning that problems with other apps. may occur, and data will be lost. I have no Word viewer at present, there was an alternate, but that seems to have gone. I am thinking of installing OfficeSuite, which my Sony phone uses. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

difarn 23:51 09 Sep 2018

It may be part of the Samsung firmware on your tablet so it may not be possible to uninstall the software. However, you should just be able to disable the software in Settings - Application Manager without any ill effects.

the.hick 10:09 10 Sep 2018

difarn, thank-you for your reply. I went to disable these apps., and it reads - "If you disable a built-in app, this may cause problems with other apps. Your date will also be deleted." I think, I shall down-load OfficeSuite, then use that as default to open Word docs. on my tablet.

MJS WARLORD 11:43 10 Sep 2018

Hi hick , I don't know how much you know about tablets but if you download an app from google play store and then decide to uninstall it , an icon goes into your library under my apps and games , scroll to right side of items and you will see a list of all items you have uninstalled . I think this is so that if you want to get something back you could have forgotten what it was called.

Apps that came with your tablet cant be uninstalled , as you have found out you cant remove them you can only disable them.

Personally I would disable what you think you don't want and re enable the item if you discover that something else has stopped working , but , I must point out to you that is only my opinion the final decision is down to you.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

34 tips for turning your art and graphics into amazing animated GIFs

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs