Samsung nc 110 error 651

eysha1 17:10 02 Dec 2014
Answered

I got my Samsung partition done and reinstalled win 7 starter, however, it now tells me there is an error 651- how do I correct that please? Apparently there is a problem with the ether net controller, the network controller and the video controller. Maybe they are all linked. Please can someone tell me how to correct these faults and if I have to download something can you please point the way for me too, I would so appreciate it. The Netbook is working fine but I cannot get onto the internet so all help would be appreciated please. E

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:30 05 Dec 2014

In device manager click on the lan card click update driver and point windows to the driver on the usb stick.

lotvic's adivice is also good to gopy the system 32 driver an drvstore folders from your daughters PC and point device manager update files to those folders on the stick.

eysha1 16:03 05 Dec 2014

Cannot find a LAN card. Tried updating the Ethernet and it will not go to the USB pen.

Don't have an Ethernet cable - will it be easier to try buying one and doing it that way?

Since I have the disk that came with the netbook why did it not install these drivers? Should I do a re-install?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:29 05 Dec 2014

ethernet cable is no good til you have the lan drivers installed.

Have you tried exploring the setup disk and see whats on it.

eysha1 16:47 05 Dec 2014

No Fruit Bat, didn't think of that but can do it - what do I look for?

Would a re-install be quicker? there is nothing on the notebook at all, nothing so a reinstall wouldn't hurt, unless you think no.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:23 05 Dec 2014

look for a folder named tools or drivers.

lotvic 17:51 05 Dec 2014

"I have the disk that came with the netbook" is that a separate dvd to the W7 reinstall dvd? There are various types. Tell us what it says on it.

In the meantime, ask daughter to copy her drivers for you.

Secret-Squirrel 18:13 05 Dec 2014

"...however, it now tells me there is an error 651"

Error 651 is a common problem in the UK when folks inadvertently setup a new "Broadband Connection" which they think they need to get on the Internet. This type of connection is only for those (mainly US users) who connect to the Internet via a cable modem. If you're using a standard broadband router then check for and delete that connection by going to Control Panel -> Internet Options -> "Connections" tab. If "Broadband Connection" is listed in the little white box, remove it. In fact, you don't need anything in that box so remove anything else that may be there.

Hopefully my hunch is correct and you'll now be able to get online.

eysha1 20:22 05 Dec 2014

The disk is a SYSTEM RECOVERY MEDIA Windows 7 starter for small notebook PC's SP1.

I reinstalled thinking I could not loose so no problem so I did it, now I have 3 yellow markers again - the Ethernet, the network and the Video Controllers.

Secret Squirrel it says 'windows did not detect any networking hard wear' In the white box is Broadband (PPPoE) and Dial Up.

I have a full copy of all the drivers from my daughter's notebook but which do i want as there are loads of them and the how do I install/copy them over?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:01 05 Dec 2014

Go to Start and right-click on Computers and select Manage. This will bring the Computer Management window, now on the left sidebar select Device Manager

select the device who’s driver you want to update. click Update Driver Software Once you are done. It will open a window, select Browse my computer for driver software

Click Browse and locate your driver on the usb stick, once it’s done simply click Next and Windows 7 will start installing the driver.

Secret-Squirrel 21:08 05 Dec 2014

"........ In the white box is Broadband (PPPoE) and Dial Up."

If you're planning on connecting to a standard broadband router then everything in that white box is going to make your problems worse so remove them then concentrate on getting the drivers for your network adapters installed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale