Samsung nc 110 error 651

eysha1 17:10 02 Dec 2014
Answered

I got my Samsung partition done and reinstalled win 7 starter, however, it now tells me there is an error 651- how do I correct that please? Apparently there is a problem with the ether net controller, the network controller and the video controller. Maybe they are all linked. Please can someone tell me how to correct these faults and if I have to download something can you please point the way for me too, I would so appreciate it. The Netbook is working fine but I cannot get onto the internet so all help would be appreciated please. E

lotvic 15:03 03 Dec 2014

Have you looked in Device Manager and are there any Yellow Triangles with a black ! in them? If so please tell us which devices have the Yellow Triangles

eysha1 11:02 04 Dec 2014

I reinstalled windows 7 starter - Found I couldn't get onto the net. Looking in device manager I found that Ethernet controller, network controller and modem were showing the yellow markers with !. Following advice I corrected the modem but the other two still remain yellow. I cannot find the name of the motherboard or anything else. I understand that if I could find the names I could get the bits I need to get back online but I cannot find them. I have been to the Samsung site and the windows site but unfortunately I have no idea what or which I do need and don't want to keep putting wrong items on and clogging it up again and the wrong items might do damage - I don't know if this is true but not being good with computers/laptops I prefer to ask the experts here. Hope that helps Lotvic. Many thanks E.

alanrwood 13:02 04 Dec 2014

OK, look in Device Manager again and let us have the details of which items have yellow triangles. From that we should be able to work out what drivers you need. They are probably Realtek and Atheros drivers. They are all available from the Samsung Support page so do you have a friend or alternative computer on which to download them? You are posting here so it seems you do have this. If not we have another problem of how to get them to you

eysha1 14:53 04 Dec 2014

Ethernet controller, network controller have the yellow triangles.

alanrwood 15:54 04 Dec 2014

Eyesha1

I need specific details of which Network controller and which Ethernet controller is fitted to your computer. There are many different ones that could be fitted and which have drivers included on the Samsung site. Please give us the exact wording of the items or better still can you create a screen dump of the Device Manager window and post that so we can see what we need for ourselves.

alanrwood 16:14 04 Dec 2014

This is what we need.

click here

eysha1 18:22 04 Dec 2014

In Device Manager and under 'other devices' is Ethernet Controller - when I click on it it says manufacturer unknown location PCI bus9, device 0, function 0.

when searching windows system32 it says no drivers found.

the other yellow marker right under the above one says Network Controller. when I click on it it says no drivers installed (code 28)

I hope that helps. Sorry I cannot upload a photo. E.

lotvic 19:06 04 Dec 2014

Let's see if Belarc Advisor - Free Personal PC Audit (Version 8.4) will tell us what they are click here Download and save and put onto the Samsung. Click on the advisorinstaller.exe, follow the prompts and The Belarc Advisor will automatically install, build a profile of your hardware and software, and display this in your Web browser.

alanrwood 19:07 04 Dec 2014

OK it gets more difficult. Quick suggestion. Download Belarc Advisor and run it. It should list all the hardware on the computer and hopefully wil identify which LAN and Wireless hardware is installed on your version of the NC-110. There seems to be several choices. Also which operating system do you have, XP or Win 7 as the drivers are different.

lotvic 20:17 04 Dec 2014

You can also try:

Identify the Network Card Using the System Information

1.Click the Start button, and then click Run.

2.In the Run window, type msinfo32.exe in the Open: box, and then click OK.

3.Under the System Summary menu on the left of the System Information window, click the plus sign (+) next to Components.

4.In the list of installed components, click to select Network.

5.Select a Subcategory, click the plus sign (+) and then click on Adapter.

in the Righthand pane, keep scrolling down until you come to where it says Adapter Type, Ethernet, and hopefully it will tell you what the Product Type is

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Camera Phones 2019

Adobe reveals Recolor for Illustrator - change an illustration instantly with real-world tones

Apple recalls wall plugs over safety fears, find out if you are affected

Rappel de sécurité Apple : adaptateurs avec prise murale