Samsung Laptop won't boot as normal

Seamus McGill 08:48 21 Nov 2016

Hi all Last night I was working with Adobe Lightroom and was opening Photoshop Elements through Lightroom. As Photoshop was opening the screen went a strange colour (sort of Orange/Yellow) with possibly lines across. It was only there for a couple of seconds and then the screen went blank, no picture. I restarted the Laptop, running Windows 10, Windows started to boot with the circle of dots but then went blank. I then booted into Safe Mode and the Laptop booted as it should. I then Opened Lightroom and Photoshop successfully but could only go so far as I was in safe mode. I have tried the Laptop again this morning but it still won't load. Is it likely that I have overloaded my graphics and 'fried' something? My Laptop is a Samsung NP700G7A and is about 4 years old. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Govan1x 09:44 21 Nov 2016

Maybe have a look in device manager to see if any yellow exclamation marks. Also have a look in event viewer to see if it shows what the problem is.

Usually if it works ok in safe mode it is a driver problem.

Seamus McGill 10:23 21 Nov 2016

There is one exclamation mark in Device Manager for the screen. ! Monitor. Status is not available for this device when Windows is running in Safe Mode. As for looking in Event Viewer I would not have a clue as to what I would be looking for. I can only use Safe Mode.

alanrwood 10:23 21 Nov 2016

That laptop should handle nearly anything you throw at it. I have one of the same.

Seamus McGill 10:34 21 Nov 2016

That's what I thought. Basically it's a Gaming Laptop.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:42 21 Nov 2016

If it works in safe mode then its probably the driver

uninstall and reinstall the graphics drivers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Pharrell's favourite new illustrator Daniel Egneus on making dreamlike fashion art

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?