s-video out

>steve< 15:43 12 Mar 2006

iwas just wondering are all s-video plugs the same?i want to connect my laptop to a tv anyway i have just been to get a lead and when i had it my hands it looked different it had got six pins are these s-video leads a standard type.

woodchip 15:46 12 Mar 2006

Yes but you have to go to Display settings in Control Panel and set your Display adapter for dual screen TV and Laptop

bloo meeny 16:11 12 Mar 2006

S-Video (aka S-VHS or Mini-DIN) connections have 4 pins
click here

Six pins doesn't sound right to me.

bloo meeny 16:13 12 Mar 2006

Just to add that the 'Home Page' to the link I posted is useful for all kinds of stuff .... have a look.
:-)

>steve< 16:54 12 Mar 2006

i wonder if the other two pins i saw fit in the gaps above the 4 pins in the picture you posted.

myfoot 17:46 12 Mar 2006

There are at least three configuration for Svideo plugs, 4, 6, and either 7 or 9. Very few TV.s have S-video capapbility even with converter plugs. I've tried. I can recommentd and online shop _ cableuniverse.co.uk for low price cables and prompt service.

bloo meeny 17:55 12 Mar 2006

In that diagram, the long black rectangle is a plastic location peg - if the lead you saw had pins side by side in that location, it could have been a ps/2 keyboard or mouse extension which is the SAME DIAMETER and type of plug. The six pin ps/2 plug also has a plastic location plug, but aligned vertically between the upper four pins.

myfoot
looks like S-Video has gone the same way as 'standard' DIN plugs (introduced in the early 70's ?) - they had anything from 2 to around 15 pins !!

myfoot 00:05 14 Mar 2006

OOPs I was talking about Firewire , as I bought a 4 pin and was surprised to see there are so many other types

bloo meeny 08:51 14 Mar 2006

I see :o) Hope >steve< got it sorted anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

HomePod review

Comment regarder les Oscars 2018 ?