Ryzen Threadripper System wont Power on with SDD

Boxtroll 03:22 16 Jan 2018

Hi

I have a Ryzen Threadripper 1950x PC running with a 1200 watt power supply. My issue is that I need more storage for Machine learning and i currently have a 256gb M.2 SSD installed but for some reason when I install two Samsung 1TB SSDs Via SATA the System will not power on at all. The only movement made by the computer is by the Power Supply fan and it spins for around half a second and the a red light appears on the Power supply but does not turn on. I have tried several different SATA cables which have all failed. But when I take the SSDs out of the System (Excluding the M.2 SSD) The system posts and powers up fine and continues working.

Here are the Specs: AMD Threadripper 1950x The motherboard is either aMSI X399-SLI-PLUS Motherboard or aMSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Motherboard 64GBs of Corsair Vengeance LPX 4x16GBs Corsair 256GB M.2 SSD Corsair GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Hydro GFX Liquid Cooled 11GB Corsair AIO Cooler 280mmCorsair AX1200i Digital ATX Modular Power Supply Some Corsair Case 4 Stock Corsair Fans 140mm. And its Running Windows 10 Pro

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple