Hot Topics

Ryzen system won't display anything on my monitor

Chris Waters 01:26 04 Dec 2019

Hi, I have just built a new ryzen system with a ryzen 3600x and an ab350 gaming 3 motherboard with a 970 in, after building it I turned on the computer and everything seems to be fine, the fans are going, the cpu and gpu fans are fine however there is no display on the monitor, I have tried plugging it in to my mother board rather than my gpu however no change was made. Do you have any suggestions? Would this need a bios upgrade?

x13 09:16 04 Dec 2019

Did you disconnect the 3600x before trying the mobo (APU) graphics? Sometimes a dedicated card connected disables the on-board graphics.

Flat Earther 12:22 04 Dec 2019

"I have tried plugging it in to my mother board rather than my gpu"

There isn't any on-board graphics with the 3600x, the graphics card is required.

Flat Earther 13:30 04 Dec 2019

"Would this need a bios upgrade?"

The Mobo itself is quite old, as is the Gfx card, are you just upgrading the CPU?

The Mobo was designed for 1st gen ryzen and though it can support 3rd gen it will require a recent BIOS version, if you have an older CPU you may need to reinstall that and apply the updates first.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor unveils special edition Magic Watch 2 with artists and designers

Premiere Pro gains new project tools

iPhone SE 2 release date, price & specs rumours

Comment changer la voix de Google Assistant sur Google Home ?