Russian Radio's

Input Overload 09:22 21 Feb 2010

About 20 years ago I bought a Russian radio with about 7 shortwave bands on it. I forget the make but after coming off night shift I often got radio Brisbane while unwinding with a cup of tea. Are these radio's still available anywhere?

morddwyd 09:44 21 Feb 2010

I have no doubt that shortwave radios are still available for enthusiasts.

For actual listening, whether Brisbane or Bristol, I would use an internet radio - no fading, no interference, no supethet howl.

Input Overload 09:51 21 Feb 2010

I have a small Roberts radio for shortwave listening despite being able to listen over the net too. I just liked the radio. I have no rational reason other than I want one.

Diemmess 10:58 21 Feb 2010

I know the feeling!
Sure, all sorts are still available at a price!
click here

I bought an AOR 3000 scanner about 20 years ago for all sorts of feeble reasons and it has never let me down.

It sits in my workshop and delivers whatever I have in mind, though like my computer and its software, I will never use or even understand all the facilities and possibilities

Al94 11:23 21 Feb 2010

Was it like this? click here

Input Overload 12:54 21 Feb 2010

I found & bought one off EBay.

click here

I also collect Russian cameras, bino's etc.

Input Overload 12:56 21 Feb 2010

Al94, yes the same. :-) i am a happy chappy now.

morddwyd 15:37 21 Feb 2010

"I have no rational reason other than I want one."

The most logical and sensible reason of all!

Input Overload 01:53 24 Feb 2010

I received the 'Selena' radio today & although it must be 30 years old it was sealed & came complete with instructions & a full circuit diagram.

Peeking inside I would estimate the life of the radio should be between 300 & 400 years. It is by far the best sounding radio I have heard, & brings back memory's of listening to the same model I had years ago that I gave to my brother so he could listen to the world service when he moved from the UK. I'm really pleased!

I look forward to fiddling with the many shortwave bands when I ought to be sleeping. :-)

Graham. 08:33 24 Feb 2010

OK, I'll ask - Are the instructions in Russian?

Input Overload 08:58 24 Feb 2010

Russian & translated English.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S9 review

Adobe price increase confuses customers

What to expect at Apple's 27 March education event

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?