Runtime Errors again !!

Quiet Life 18:56 23 Dec 2005

Hi I get the Microsoft Visual C+ Runtime library
error with abnormal program termination when ever I try to open or save to My Pictures File.

The programs involved are:
Windows\Explorer.exe
Internet Explorer\explorer.exe
outlook express\msimn.exe

I have done :
a full virus scan
runsfc /scannow
I do not have Yahoo or Google toolbars and am running XP prof. (so far without service packs).
I have no joy.
As I have said the problem only occurs when opening or saving to My Pictures. Any solutions welcome

MAJ 21:57 23 Dec 2005

Try going to, Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab, click the "Manage Add-ons" button. In the "Show:" field, choose the "Add-ins currently loaded in Internet Explorer" option, and disable the Java Plug-in and the Sun Java Console entries (if they're there), Quiet Life.

MAJ 21:58 23 Dec 2005

I should also say that you really must install SP2.

Quiet Life 23:09 23 Dec 2005

Thanks your reply. I am using Internet Explorer6.028 (Version SP1) and there is no "Managed Add-ons" button on the Programs tab.
I had an IBM harddrive die without warning with the "IBM click of death" a few months ago and I did not get round to loading the service packs and then the runtime error crept in.
If I have to do a clean install I did not want to waste time installing the service packs.
I must have run without them for some years and the only benefit to me was the USB 2 and recogonising drives over 137gb.both of which I can live without. at the moment.
I have an ADSL router set up and am not too worried about security.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?