running as administrator not working

foxchomp 19:34 19 Sep 2018

before you ask, yes, i am 100% an admin on my pc. i am in the administrators group and my account settings are admin. now here comes the problem: when i click 'run as administrator' it does nothing. not an error message or anything comes up, just nothing at all. please help idk how this even happened but its highly annoying as i cant use all the features of cmd. thanks

Secret-Squirrel 09:32 20 Sep 2018

.............when i click 'run as administrator' it does nothing.

It's usually a rogue third-party context-menu provider that's the culprit.

If you don't have any suitable tools of your own then download, unzip then run the portable version of CCleaner. Next, click on Tools -> Startup -> "Context Menu" tab. Disable an item in the list then test the right-click "Run as Administrator" option. Repeat until you find the one responsible for your problem.

Secret-Squirrel 08:47 21 Sep 2018

So how are you getting on?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch