Run a disk check What do I do now

Graham Bradley 21:47 13 May 2018

I have a Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063 OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name LAPTOP-94A56CH2 System Manufacturer Acer System Model Aspire one 1-431 System Type x64-based PC System SKU AO1-431106D1.

I haven't been able to go on go onto the internet it's been trying to automatically repair itself but not actually able to do it

I went into command prompt and did chkdsk / f /r /x

It's now saying "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50"

What do I do now?

Thanks

wiganken2 09:43 14 May 2018

Windows 10 updates have been known to cause these issues so have you tried a system restore? Restoring to an earlier restore point can take a while and it may show that the restore failed but I have seen for myself that this did in fact fix the connection issue. You can't lose anything by trying it.

Graham Bradley 12:36 14 May 2018

How do I do that,?

wiganken2 13:12 14 May 2018

See the following article: - click here

Graham Bradley 00:57 15 May 2018

I've got a bsod and only the system restore option on the blue screen

When I click on that a window appears and says no restore points have been created on your computer's system drive to create a restore point open system protection

But it's not letting me open system protection a little window is appearing saying system protection is available only in online operating system

And of course I can't get online!

wiganken2 08:23 15 May 2018

I take it you are using another computer to get online to create these posts? Your Acer is known to have issues regarding Windows updates due to it's tiny 32GB HDD ( click here ) with only 7GB available for user so it is not surprising there are no restore points. During the early boot process do you have the option to press F8 key in order to select "Last known good configuration" boot option? If this doesn't work and you haven't got a backup then I reckon you'll have to take it to a repair person.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

Project Gemini is Adobe's Procreate rival – a new drawing and painting app for the iPad

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

OnePlus 6T : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs