RSS feeds

kindly 17:20 16 Sep 2007

A year or so ago I had a different ISP and website to now. On my site then I had a rss feed that updated and fed like a tickertape. The code was just copied and pasted onto my site.
Now I want to have that on my new site but cannot find a similar code without having to pay eventually. Being greedy, well skint, I really only want some code that is free.
Anyone got a site or code that is free to use. thanks in advance.

mco 19:23 16 Sep 2007

RSS of updates you make to your own site? Do you have RSS feed automatically in your site (like with some blogs, say, on wordpress etc) ? If not, you'd need first to generate it and then get the code that tickertapes onto your page. Making your own RSS feed is not difficult - I just copied and pasted and saved as .xml from click here
I haven't tried this, so can't recommend it, but on a quick google came up with click here
for ticker tape newsfeed.

kindly 18:52 18 Sep 2007

I dont have any sort of rss on my site at all now. I will look at the links you have gave and see if its what i want. cheers mco.

kindly 19:09 18 Sep 2007

I have tried the second link and pasted the code onto the site. It works a treat. Only got to put it in the right place. thanks a lot mco.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?