RRA files

esbe 19:23 19 Nov 2003

Hi, OS WindowsME,
In my Windows Temp folder, there is a 'RRA' type file ,anyone know what .rra files are, and is it ok to delete it?
I've had a look on various sites re: file extentions etc, but cant find .rra files listed.
cheers.

BarryKeith 19:30 19 Nov 2003

Recheck the spelling, you may find that it's a .rar file, which is a compressed file similar to a zip file. If so, you can find decompressors for downloading if you wish to find what it contains.

Peverelli 19:31 19 Nov 2003

rra?

See if any of these give you a clue. click here

esbe 19:33 19 Nov 2003

BarryKeith, Hi, It's definitely an .rra extension, RRA type file.

Diodorus Siculus 19:33 19 Nov 2003

A real Audio format perhaps? Do you use RealPlayer of any flavour?

I generally take the view that anyting in a temp folder more than a day old (or older than the last start up) can be deleted and this has never caused me any problems.

esbe 19:41 19 Nov 2003

Peverelli,thanx- had a quick look, but dont really understand what RRA files are/do, as bit of a novice.
Diodorus, no I dont use Real Player.

BarryKeith 19:52 19 Nov 2003

If you have been playing online games it could be a file that was placed there by the game, it would be safe to delete but unless it is several megabytes in size, is not worth worrying about.

esbe 20:02 19 Nov 2003

Hi, I haven't been playing online games, (Its 277kb), so I'll wait a while to see if any more suggestions, then do as you and Diodorus Siculus suggest,& delete it. Many thanx all, for your time and effort. cheers.

Peverelli 22:14 19 Nov 2003

Try and open it up with Wordpad (check for virus first) and amongst the gobbledegook there might be something that'll give you a clue. Left click on it once, then hold the Shift button and then right click once. Select 'Open with' and then Wordpad.

VoG II 22:22 19 Nov 2003

click here may help.

Peverelli 22:54 19 Nov 2003

I've already looked there, no go I'm afraid :O(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

25 book design and illustration tips

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts