Router/Modem Without Firewall

Yo Ho 02:59 25 Mar 2006

Can someone give me a make & model of a 4port router, preferably, or a 4port modem/router without inbuilt firewall. Doesn't need to be wireless, but doesn't really matter. I have a wired setup, and I'm using a D-Link ADSL-300T modem.

ade.h 14:48 25 Mar 2006

Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just use the router with the firewall disabled?

Yo Ho 16:14 25 Mar 2006

I have a Netgear DG834GT router, and seemingly firewall cannot be disabled. If that were the case, t'would be great. I had the guy from customer support open ports, and set it for me, but the live feed will still not feed back to me, and there's no way round that. I also Have Zoom ADSLX5 router, but the same problem there.
It works fine through a standard modem without firewall, but I loose my web sharing capabilities.
All I want is a router with no firewall. Surely someone must make one, or as you suggest, one in which the firewall can be disabled.

ade.h 18:24 25 Mar 2006

I have never yet seen/worked on a router that has no firewall, not that such a thing doesn't exist. It might.

Apart from Netgear, I have never seen or worked with a router whose firewall cannot be disabled completely. Belkin, 3Com, D-Link, etc. You can probably take your pick from all the main rivals to Netgear, though the first two are my firm favourites.

Yo Ho 18:41 25 Mar 2006

Hey m8. You have brought much happiness to me. Any ideas on the Zoom X5, and out of your favs, could you suggest a model please.
Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

See iconic duo Smith and Foulkes' epic animation for the BBC's Winter Olympics coverage

iMac Pro review

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts