Router/cable problems

Emporio 11:41 17 Dec 2005

Hi being a telewest customer I went a bought 2 BELKIN F5D7011UK HIGH-SPEED MODE WIRELESS G NOTEBOOK NETWORK CARD and a router which is BELKIN F5D7231UK4 125MBPS HIGH-SPEED WIRELESS G CABLE/DSL ROUTER. Reason being is I wanted to roam wirelessly. The problem I currently have is the above router supplied included only one RJ45 ethernet cable and not 2. I have always connected the telewest Webstar modem using the USB port cable and its always worked thus there was no need to buy an ethernet cable. What I noticed this router requires using the ethernet port, thus when I tried to connect the router it wanted me to have 2 ethernet cables does it mean I have to now go and buy another ethernet cable in order to connect? And also will I have filter problems once I get connected if so do I need to purchase anything else if so please tell me the name and the brand, something suitable for Telewest customer whose using the DSL/Cable router. Also if I need anything else please advise as it will save me going back and forth to shops purchasing goods one at a time.

Emporio 12:08 17 Dec 2005

If I need to purchase another cable, please recommend which type i.e. name and model.

mgmcc 13:08 17 Dec 2005

See relpy in existing thread - click here

It can become confusing if the same question is asked in more than one thread ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts