Hot Topics

Router is not recognising default log in.

muddypaws 16:58 23 May 2016

I have a TP link router. Some months ago I tried to reset the password for security reasons. I was halfway entering the new details then decided not to continue. Ever since then the default password/user (admin) is not recognised by the PC My PC and tablets/phones still connect. Today I upgraded my Samsung phone and of course it wont accept the default password. On line search says a router reset may be the answer, but it appears long winded.

Any suggestions please. Thanks

bremner 17:08 23 May 2016

Slightly unsure if you mean the admin password to get into the router settings or the Wi Fi Password to connect devices.

If you do not know the admin password then a reset is you only option.

Govan1x 17:33 23 May 2016

Like bremner says a router reset should work ok.

Reset the router and the admin password should work again.Usually a pinhole in the router that you have to hold in with a paper clip or something like that.

Govan1x 17:36 23 May 2016

Not sure what one you have but this one shows where you do it. if not this one just google for your model number.

Click Here

Govan1x 17:52 23 May 2016

Think I maybe mixing you up. The router password and username is for when you want to connect the router to the internet.

There is another password or passphrase that you use for connecting devices. Well there is with Virginmedia.

Maybe best ignoring this as it will probably confuse you more.

click here

muddypaws 18:37 23 May 2016

Govan1x I fear I was having a senior moment. I suddenly realised it wanted my wifi password not the router settings one, so phone sorted. However I will look at your links as I would still like to get into router settings which at present I can't do. Thanks for replies.

muddypaws 18:39 23 May 2016

bremner,

Thanks. A reset it will have to be.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy S20 Fan Edition: Rumoured specs, availability and more

“Drawing a comic is like directing a movie”: Cartoonist Chendi Xu on her European yarns

Apple Breakfast: iOS 14 public beta & iPhone 12 price rise

Offre exclusive : Windows 10 Pro à seulement 39,99 €