Router cannot handle multiple Powerline Adaptors

thomasbenson57 15:36 24 Dec 2015

I recently purchased a powerline adaptor (Netgear XAVB5221) because I cannot get wifi in my room. We already have one for the PS4 and one for our YouView box. However when I connected the adaptor to the router in the last ethernet port (it has 4, one is directly connected to the main PC), all the lights were blinking very fast (the lights representing each port). When anyone connected to the ethernet attempts to use the internet, nothing loads even though it says it is connected to the internet.

Interestingly, if I remove the powerline adaptor connected to the YouView box, the quick flashing still occurs and there is no internet access. However, if I remove the new powerline adaptor, everything is fine.

I understand that the blinking is meant to occur when there is data being transferred but I don't understand how there can be data when nobody can connect to the internet.

Can anyone help? I want to see if there's anything I can do to get it working before I have to send it back and accept my fate.

Thanks.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:01 24 Dec 2015

are you trying to connect two adaptors and two cables to the router?

This cannot be done as you can only send one set of data down the main, looks like you are getting feedback.

if you have one connected to router by cable, one in another room connected by cable to PS4 and another by cable to TV box all you need is a wifi adaptor paired with the main ome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

Best Black Friday deals for designers and artists 2018

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)