Router for 1800 square feet home

kunvarharsh 10:32 25 Feb 2019

Looking for a router to cover all three rooms at my home (1800 square feet); all on same floor. Want to know what all specifications; i should look in the various products available in market.

Pine Man 11:28 25 Feb 2019

Stick with the router provide by your ISP.

Get powerline adaptors for each room if you want internet access wired to devices in those rooms. If you want WiFi in those rooms and the signal from the router isn't strong enough get powerline WiFi extenders where necessary.

Kevin Alders 19:29 25 Feb 2019

From my experience I have seldom used an ISP supplied Router. I find them usually problematic due to the ever increasing amount of devices connected to it which overloads the inbuilt CPU and provide poor Wifi Coverage.

I am currently using my own ASUS Router which provides good Wifi throughout my house,(Admitted a new build with Paper-thin walls) and doesn't Crash when you add more than 10 devices.

You can run your own VPN Server, VPN Client, Media Server and a host of other stuff.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Designing a near-future Kowloon Walled City for Alita: Battle Angel

Microsoft brings Windows Defender ATP to the Mac

AirPower : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique