rooter

pete. 18:14 05 Aug 2008

hi i am using bt voyager 2110 is there a quicker modem/rooter i used a netgear went faulty i was told to go and buy the bt one but ever since i feel my connection is slower cheers pete.

MarvintheAndroid 19:13 05 Aug 2008

WAN : The router will only connect to the internet at the best speed possible for your line. This will be negotiated with the switching equipment at the exchange. The router is capable of connecting way faster, but it is limited by the line quality.

If the router attempts to connect faster than the line quality will allow, the result will be lost packets and this will slow down throughput.

LAN : The router has an internal switching hub, allowing it to be share the internet connection with several machines. This will normally connect to the other machines at 100 Mb/sec and changing to a different brand will make no difference.

The only reason you may be experiencing a slowdown (assumed to be your internet connection which is slow) would be if the router settings are different and / or wrong. Other than this there is no real difference in the connection speed capability of different brands of router.

What sort of speeds are you getting ?

Marv

milwiuxxx 19:52 05 Aug 2008

hi guy i have a sky netgear rooter and iam connected by my wireless usb adapter wich is netgear wg11v2 iam using windows vista and my problem is that my internet is keep turning off completle in some time can u help me wot its can be i cant find it help me plz

keverne 19:57 05 Aug 2008

Please don't hijack other peoples thread's.

See the forum rules click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?