Rollover image code

lonemascot 23:50 28 Aug 2008

Hi I'm website creator newbie

I have started a site where I need to sell items. I have used premade paypal 'view cart' code.

the paypal code is:

form target="paypal" action="click here" method="post">
input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="_cart">
input type="hidden" name="business" value="[email protected]">
input type="image" src="web%20page%20top_r1_c8.gif" border="0" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online.">
input type="hidden" name="display" value="1">
/form>

As you can see i have used my own image for the button. This code works fine but i want the image to change as the mouse goes over it.

What is the code I need to input to be able to do this?

The location for my rollover image is 'web%20page%20top_r1_c8_f2.gif'

Thanks

Jon

Eric10 15:19 29 Aug 2008

Add the rollover to the image line as below:

<input type="image" src="web%20page%20top_r1_c8.gif" border="0" onmouseover="javascript:this.src='web%20page%20top_r1_c8_f2.gif';" onmouseout="javascript:this.src='web_page_top_r1_c8.gif';" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online.">

Taken from click here.

I would also recommend that you replace the spaces in your filenames with underscore characters to avoid them getting changed to the %20 character code.

Eric10 15:24 29 Aug 2008

In the above I had changed the spaces in the filenames when playing with it and forgot to change one instance back. If you are keeping the spaces then the line should read:

<input type="image" src="web%20page%20top_r1_c8.gif" border="0" onmouseover="javascript:this.src='web%20page%20top_r1_c8_f2.gif';" onmouseout="javascript:this.src='web%20page%20top_r1_c8.gif';" name="submit" alt="PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online.">

lonemascot 21:23 29 Aug 2008

cheers. I'll have a look at your link too and maybe i can learn something about HTML code.

It just looks like a load of jibberish!!

Thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

HomePod review

Streaming : Netflix ou Amazon Prime Video ?