Road Angel Navigator

wee eddie 19:08 09 Dec 2005

Has anyone here got any experience of it?

Freddog™ 19:09 09 Dec 2005

They are good! (No more speed camera fines!) *Grins. Evily!*

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:13 09 Dec 2005

Fancy one myself, a little expensive but combinds naavigator with speed camera detection.

Got a friend that hs the normal road angel detector and he swears by it, detects staic cameras of all types and mobile laser ones aswell.

wee eddie 19:14 09 Dec 2005

I have heard that they are not that good when using just a Post Code as an Address.

This is quite important when travelling in country regions.

wee eddie 07:09 10 Dec 2005

Bump

driving man 08:24 10 Dec 2005

After getting a £60 fine and 3 points the other day I bought a Navman 520 ond a snooper detector for a bundle price of £319 which includes free fitting at the moment.The Navman is ok for this country but in Europe it only shows main routes. The snooper is superb though

PS dont leave them on show as i did. Side window smashed, glass everywhere ,bonnet dented and leather seat ripped.they stole Navman. Will cost just over £1500 th put right plus the inconvenience

anchor 17:10 10 Dec 2005

Here a three reviews of the Snooper S5-R. A mixed bag.

click here

freaky 18:18 10 Dec 2005

I've got a 'New Road Angel' which is a GPS speed camera detector - excellent piece of kit with first class after-sales service. As it uses GPS to pin-point cameras rather than physically detecting them, then it will not become illegal when the new legislation comes in.

The Navigator also adds the abilty help find a destination - the price is good considering all it offers.

freaky 18:19 10 Dec 2005

I've got a 'New Road Angel' which is a GPS speed camera detector - excellent piece of kit with first class after-sales service. As it uses GPS to pin-point cameras rather than physically detecting them, then it will not become illegal when the new legislation comes in.

The Navigator also adds the abilty help find a destination - the price is good considering all it offers.

freaky 18:21 10 Dec 2005

Sorry for the double posting above !

dogbreath1 19:04 10 Dec 2005

I've also got the 'New Road Angel' and it incorporates a laser detector which I believe will become illegal in the near future. That's why the makers have produced the 'Road Angel Compact' (like the 'New Road Angel' but without laser detection). They are also offering discounted upgrading from 'New Road Angel' to 'Road Angel Navigator'.

The version I have is very good. It has definitely saved me from almost certain points on my license, especially with regard to the Truvelo on-facing camera system and the Specs average road speed monitoring system.

As an aside, some USB sockets don't supply sufficient power to enable the Road Angel to effect blackspot database synchronisation. But if you tell the manufacturers, they will supply a power supply f.o.c..

And don't forget to synchro regularly...the system is only as good as the data in it's memory!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?