Right folder for aol sounds?

Jackieanne 11:27 05 Apr 2003

Winxp & aol 8.0, Have tried but still can't change welcome,you've got mail & goodbye. I've saved the new sounds but obviously in the wrong place! I wrote down what I was told to do ie Start menu - files & folders - C:drive aolshare - Dclick on folder that comes up in search results??
Dclick sounds - Dclick UK - Dclick default
Tip R.click on default - properties - it will show you exactly what directory u need to store it. STILL not got it right - what am I missing? & please don't say 'a brain' (I've just been reading MURRAY's thread!

he he :-)™ 17:28 05 Apr 2003

download the sound you want > remember where you saved it > go to start > control panel > sounds speech and audio devices > sounds and audio devices > go to sounds > scrool down to AOL_UK(deafault sounds) select the sound you wan't to change click browse find the file what you save it in > select the sound > click OK then click apply in the sounds screen. Don't delete the sound what you downloaded though.

he he :-)™ 17:46 05 Apr 2003

^refresh^

Jackieanne 10:56 06 Apr 2003

Thanks for your response, I know what the problem is though I can't understand how it has happened:-
Have just realised that although I have saved the sounds (no problem!) I had naglected to look at the file 'label' above them which says AOL 7.0 - so I now understand why I just keep getting error messages! Thing is, I am running AOL 8.0 and was running same when I saved. How can that be? I'm getting a bit fed up with trying to do such a stupid little thing & am not THAT keen on Bazzer anyway but for novelty value I quite liked the idea and don't like to be beaten. Any help out there PLEASE!! ps Djohn started all this - I'd never even investigated far enough to know that you could change sounds.............

Jackieanne 10:57 06 Apr 2003

Neglected!

he he :-)™ 11:09 06 Apr 2003

save it somwhere you can easily get to like your sounds folder. then do the steps above and it'll work.

graham 11:57 06 Apr 2003

I found the new sounds will only play if they are saved to the desktop, and then as he he above.

graham 12:01 06 Apr 2003

Didn't finish... you have to leave them on the desktop, if you put them in a folder the sounds will default to AOL.

he he :-)™ 17:45 06 Apr 2003

no mine r in my shared folders and they work fine... if u put them on ur desktop u might delete it by mistake. put it in my sounds or shared folders.

Djohn 20:28 06 Apr 2003

I'm sorry for that, better not look in your buddy, or IM settings then, because you have the choice of hundreds of sounds/wallpapers/Icons to use, even animated Icons!

Follow the instructions from he he :-)™, and you should be able to change/use the sound features. If not then go Keyword, and type (connie), she will pop up on screen and walk you through any problems you have. J.

Jackieanne 22:09 07 Apr 2003

Not sure how I've done it but every time I close anything BW says goodbye??? Means I must have done something right somewhere - I know I located the files in Download manager & just kept trying to move them but then had to give up & do some painting (it's OK inviting Mum in law to stay when bedroom not even decorated!). Trouble is I'm kinda hooked on this site & everyones probs EVEN though I don't understand half of them!! I do know that we've had a pc for the last five years initially for me to do college work on and just the bear necessities but now I want to do so much more, anyhow no time to try all your advice at pres so have printed it off for later. I will be back. Thanks All & ps to Djohn I knew about wallpaper/icons but not investigated yet!!!!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Comment nettoyer Windows et optimiser son PC gratuitement ?